From 1882 to 1890 the Relief Society and the Retrenchment Society, the predecessor of the modern Young Women of the LDS Church, jointly operated Deseret Hospital. This was the ideological first ancestor of LDS Hospital. LDS Hospital is a general urban hospital and surgical center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The hospital was originally owned by the LDS Church but is now owned and operated by Intermountain Healthcare.
It was not until 1905 that an institution that can be connected by direct history to the present hospital was formed. This was the W. H. Groves LDS Hospital. It was named after W. H. Groves, an LDS dentist who was an emigrant from England and left a large amount of money on his death to start the hospital. From 1913 to 1922 the hospital had a children's ward which was later separated and became the predecessor of Primary Children's Medical Center. LDS Hospital provides many medial services but features Woment and Newborn Care, Behaviroal Health, Cancer Care, Heart Care, as well as a Total Joint Replacement Center.
LDS Hospital has been a healthcare partner in Utah for nearly 110 years. They are a 220-bed, elite, full-service community hospital serving northern Salt Lake and southern Davis counties. They help patients locally and regionally with a broad range of services and is accredited by the Joint Commission